Nelson Distinguished Young Alumni Award
The Nelson Distinguished Young Alumni Award will be granted annually to a graduate who has established themselves as a leader in their field as evidenced by substantial professional accomplishments early in their career. This individual will have demonstrated a commitment to service, a passion for their profession and support for WVU Tech through gifts of their time and talent. The recognition affirms the University’s treasured traditions of academic excellence, leadership, responsibility and service.
- The candidate for the award must be 35 years old
or younger as of the first day of the calendar year of the award cycle.
- The candidate’s graduation date must be at least
five years prior to the first day of the calendar year of the award cycle.
- The candidate must have a high level of
professional accomplishment within their field.
- The candidate must have demonstrated a commitment
to giving back to their community through volunteerism.
- The candidate must have demonstrated a
willingness to serve current students and WVU Tech by giving of their time and
- The candidate must demonstrate a level of integrity
and capability in their profession that faculty, staff, students and alumni
will take pride in and be inspired by.