Greetings, fellow Golden Bears!
As I look back on the past year of my tenure as your alumni relations coordinator, I have been surprised by the outpouring of support from my fellow alumni. Whether you have taken the time to stop by my office and chat with me, talked to me over the phone, sent e-mails, attended our alumni events, joined the Tech Golden Bear Alumni Association, or updated your contact information, your Golden Bear pride is inspiring.
When I think about the future of WVU Tech and what lies ahead for us, I am truly excited to be a part it. So many of you have asked me what you can do to get involved and help Tech succeed. I have put together a list of things to help get us started.GET INVOLVED
- Join the Tech Golden Bear Alumni Association
- Have your name inscribed on a paver in the WVU Tech Welcome Wall
- Start an alumni chapter in your local area
- Refer a student
- Support the Annual Fund
- Update your contact information with us
- Encourage fellow alumni to get involved
- Show your pride by wearing WVU Tech gear
- Tell us your story by submitting Class Notes
- Volunteer for recruitment activities and fairs
- Organize a class reunion
- Participate in alumni events
- Nominate an alumnus for Alumni of the Year or the Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Volunteer as a speaker or mentor for students and young alumni
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Share the positive news about what’s happening at WVU Tech every chance you get!
If you have other ideas you would like to share, or want to know more about these opportunities, please contact me at Tech-Alumni@mail.wvu.edu or call 304.442.3131.
Tara Hines, ‘03